Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2009

a nice game called quatro

On the last game I played we had a very simply but yet interesting game: "Quatro" is it's name.
I first went to the mall since you should be able to buy this game in stores. But the fact that they had none to sell in 2 shops where I went on my day off made me mad. So I deciced to make one on my own since it's made from wood and is easy to build.



So I started out with the leather bag which is also the game board, it's got 16 fields which I showed by sewing white deco lines on the leather.


You've also got to make 16 stones where each of them has a certain attribute:

  • square / round: simply but a square and round wood from the store, make sure the round wood has a bigger diameter than the square otherwise they will look too small.
  • tall / small: simply cut off at different heights, make sure you get them uniform.
  • black / white: I burned the wood, which is easly done with a small torch .
  • with a cross on top / without a cross on top: simply grind in a croos on top, i did this after burning the dark stones so you have a better contrast on the cross and burnt the white ones on top. Finally after finishing the work on all stones, I painted them with a colorless finish.

You start out giving your opponent a stone which he has to set on one of the 16 fields on the board. After he has placed it it's his turn to give you a stone. Winner is whoever gets stones with 4 simmilar attributes in a row. On the Pic below this would be 4 black stones in a row.


All in all I spent about 6 Euros for everything instead of 28 from Amazon =) and have a nice looking portable version of it.

Keine Kommentare: